Welcome to My Preloved Fashion Blog
The ensemble consists of:
– An underskirt of a multi-layered tulle skirt. See second photo. I use this skirt under heaps of normal skirts to make a statement with a twist. I bought this on trademe.co.nz for about $30.
– An overskirt in an abstract pattern of oranges and greys. This is narrow over the hips and flairs out gently with inverted pleats halfway down the skirt. The hemline is very wide – far more than a full circle. It sits beautifully over the tulle skirt. This is one garment which is not preloved. I saw it in one of our cheaper shops on sale and grabbed it. I could immediately see the possibilities with its full skirt. It is a great way to add colour without removing the elegance of the outfit.
– With these two skirts, I wear a sleeveless singlet top which my sister gave me – family and friends are a great source of completely free preloved clothing. This top is made from a strong stretchy fabric which holds the skirts in tightly to avoid the look of bulging hips which could happen with all that tulle.
– I then define the waist with a wide elastic belt with an interesting buckle. I bought this on trademe.co.nz for $10. If you could find one to match the skirt colour, that would work well but the match would have to be pretty exact so you couldn’t buy it online because the colours are often deceptive when amateurs take their photos for the listings.
– I then use a cropped, matt satin smoking jacket to lift the outfit so I can wear it to work. The jacket does not close. I roll up the sleeves a little so I can wear one of my great collection of bracelets. Since I wear the necklace you can see in the first photo (given to me by my mother), I would use a beaded black bracelet to stay in keeping and drop black earrings.
– You could wear a pair of black heels with this but I love to mix it up with these boots. They are my one buy that cost me good money. They are super comfortable and add a grunge element to the outfit . I also prefer to wear bare legs so a little skin shows through under the see-through bottom layers of the tulle skirt. Black stockings are a little heavy.
And there you have it – a great day into evening outfit for little cost.